Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Do you believe?

Perhaps I was beating myself up too much over the handstand issue, or that after I purged all of my fears in my previous blog, things started to click for me. Thank you, gentle readers, for the kind support and validation.

This morning I got up to my navasana/handstand combo, and as I was getting ready to do the first one, I could feel The Diver's attention zeroing in on me as he was about to help someone across the room. So I made sure I was away from the wall, pressed down on the front palm mounds and went up. Hm, felt much different than usual. I even had a moment or two to RELAX into the handstand which helps a lot. Duh, when my body tenses up like a wood plank of course it's going to timber, but this time, I'm actually hanging out in the pose.

The sound of The Diver's feet comes padding towards me. "Exactly," he says. Then I did four more with my navasana and miracles of miracles, I didn't touch the wall on any of them.

I'm HEAL-YALLD!

Praise Jim and Tammy Faye. People That Love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should believe? Then it would be possible for me too to relax in a handstand!

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!

That's very, very cool and I might be able to accomplish it myself sometime around the 12th of Never.

: )

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I wish I had your skills.

Anonymous said...

you fucking rock. i see he got you today, too. i saved you from having to hear me vart. he wanted me to go up and come down with 'legs wide'. i said, 'i'm really not going to enjoy what'll happen if i do that. I'm at code red' he gave me a hall pass.

armani said...

Annabella, Pi'ikea: If I can do it, anyone can do it. I'm totally uncoordinated and unsporty. Realz.

Laksmi: I heard bits and pieces, but mostly you two were giggling like two leetle gurlz. But it was brave of you to share that with him. Sistahs.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i shared it with him pretty early on when I first started. he had me pull my pincha over to the wall and i took a stab at it and he said, 'okay, what's going on in your head when you try it' I said,'okay, you REALLY wanna know? I'm thinking, oh shit, I'm going to go up and get a nice load of air and come down and (noise making here.' From then on, if he came to help me during a handstand, sometimes i would wait for that loud heater to kick in and he would play along with that. What i really like about him is that it's really okay to be who you are, to be wimpy or whatever you are on that day.