Thursday, February 7, 2008

Modern Tips for Modern Ashtangis: Hot Tip #1

Don't roll up your mat like a snow cone when you're done with your practice.

It's a bitch if you're just borrowing that mat at the shala and you toss it into the container. Everyone else will have to squeeze to make space to fit their own mat in the tub.

Who's not being mindful now, huh? Besides it's really untidy.

It also makes the Diver crazy, even though there aren't a lot of things that bug him.

Next post: How to properly roll your pig-heavy Manduka into a perfect scroll.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know that made him crazy. I bet my stupid purple bag drives him nuts. At least Sunday is his last day with that sucker.

Anonymous said...

oh, and i see you're going to drag this post out. good strategy. don't blow your material all on one post. good for stats.

Anonymous said...

armani, you should be done with work and commenting on my blog and your blog RIGHT NOW. Where are you?

armani said...

Ok ok! I'm here. I'm littering posts everywhere I can. Check your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

got it, thanks. Now I really wish I could have been the hand model for the shots we took this morning. But, you knew what you were doing in rolling up that mat and there's no way I could ever pretend to be that gayly tidy.

armani said...

Gayly tidy, you got it, sister.