Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

This morning, the Diver dismantled my attachment to a certain spot in the studio where I ALWAYS practice and suggested that I find another spot, other than the one I usually take. Apparently, he had to clean up some dust and crumbs that were falling from the ceiling. Knowing how old that building is, I could see the possibility of larger chunks of the floor above come tumbling down on me. I trusted that the Diver was not just messing with me.

I chose a lovely corner spot away from the dust, and next to a mirror to my right and another one behind me. The Diver is not big on mirrors, but he did suggest on occasion that I do a few poses in front on a mirror to check my hand placement in utthita parsvakonasa, for example, and the angle of my knees in Parivritta Parsvakonasana.

Don't know why I hadn't done that sooner. It was very informative and helped me to do a bit of self-adjustment.

BTW, today I got one adjustment. Woo-hoo! If only I could remember what it was. Oh well. The Diver did say in his adjustment workshop that you want to be unobtrusive as little as possible when working with a student.

I know I can get more attention if I ask for it. Yesterday I asked him to do some backbending acro-yoga, which was awesome. He does all the work balancing and stretching you. The less you do, the better it is.

No comments: