Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dodged the adjustment bullet today

Actually went through practice without any adjustments today. It was actually okay, even though initially I was feeling a little neglected. I don't usually get a lot of feedback from the Diver but it felt good today just going through the groove without a break in my practice.

In a previous post, I noted that Matthew Sweeney gives his students one day of an adjustment-free practice. It makes a lot of sense and I might just mention this to the Diver to see what he has to say about this.

This morning was a busy session for him. There was a relatively new student doing a very creative version of primary. The Diver handed him a cheat sheet of the poses, which he seems to study quite closely. Hope he doesn't get discouraged. We all had to start somewhere.

No comments: