Thursday, August 21, 2008

Carl is Craft-y

Well, in a previous post, you saw the amazing eye-pillows that Carl made with his own two hands and a wicked sewing machine. Now, I had to call on him in for a craft emergency. I had a feeling that the costume I had planned for Burning Man was going to be challenging, but soon I realized that I bit off more than I could chew. Thank goodness, we have a number of super heroes who practice at the shala and perform equally amazing feats outside of the yoga world.

My previous post touched on Pi'ikea who stopped the noisy construction workers from turning on the buzz saws before 7 am (give or take). On Laksmi's blog, she recreated real-life drama from our shala with her puppetry, and granted students expertise in problem poses. Now, Carl steps up and saves my lame ass from being more lame than it already is. A clarification though, he didn't do any magical sewing. I had to enlist a friend who specialized in sewing with EL wire. But Carl took it to its final conclusion.

I'm not quite ready to show this costume masterpiece yet. But I will, in due time.

Thanks, Carl! You get bonus karma points!

4 comments:

Samyama Mama said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this! We are a skilled bunch, aren't we? But didn't Lax say she was going to send me some standing-up-from-dropbacks magic? Where is it? I still can't do it on my own!!

armani said...

Pi'kea: I bet you are so close to doing that on your own. You might just need some tough love from the Diver to get you over the hump!

Anonymous said...

pi'ikea, the trouble with me is that my brain is addled and I forget the magic I am supposed to be doing.

RAZen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.