Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Memories of Bali

After our big safari adventure in South Africa, we relaxed for six glorious days in the seaside town of Amed on the east side of Bali. It's a 2.5 hour drive from the big city of Denpasar, where tourists and surfers flock to their famous white sandy beaches.

Here's a backview of the villa we rented for our friends and family. You can see part of the pool in the lower right hand corner.

A view of the verdant rice fields next door.











Our guide who took us out fishing for mackerel at 5:00 am.















A Balinese dancer whose dramatic eye, hand and foot movements signify different meanings and emotions, and are tightly synchronized with ethereal bell-like gamelan music.

6 comments:

Arturo said...

Hi Armani
That is really a beautiful place.
Cheers,
Arturo

Arturo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alfia said...

It looks like a real paradise!
Thank you for posting your pictures, Armani!

Anonymous said...

It definitely looks like paradise. Can I beam myself there now, please?

Arturo said...

Did I already say it was beautiful? Actually, the deleted comment was from me, since I hit the enter button twice. I just love the verdant look of Bali in pictures and hope to visit it some day.
Cheers,
Arturo

armani said...

Arturo, Alfia, Annabella (a3!): Thanks! These photos were from a trip not too long ago, but they brought back a lot of good memories. I could almost teleport myself back there now! Note to self and all: Must take lots of pics to remember these great moments.