Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nyala, it's "what's for dinner"

The nyala is one of the most adorable animals we saw on our safari. Like Bambi, its coat is a beautiful toffee color, but the nyala also has white vertical stripes that look like paint spots dripping down their bodies.

One evening, it was also in our curry dish for dinner. Kinda sad, but delish, I have to say. Better him/her than me. Either you are the hunter or become the hunted.
______________________

Today was the last day of the Diver's adjustment workshop. I really wish I had the chance to attend the whole series. It was fantastic! He turns your perspective of these asanas outside in and inside out. Interestingly enough, most attendees were NOT astangis, but yoga teachers from various styles (vinyasa, power, that sort of thing). A few were regular students who come to his mysore or led classes.

Adjustments for the poses we covered were: pigeon, double pigeon, ustrasana, urdhva dhanurasana, and sarvangasana. There was a special request to cover the adjustment of reverse namaste hands in parsvottansana. Very carefully, as you can imagine, or not at all if the student is not quite there yet.

I wish I had the time to describe thoroughly the adjustments, but a picture tells a thousand words. Maybe we can get pics of Lax demo-ing pose and me trying the adjustments, if she trusts me. Heh.

3 comments:

Arturo said...

hi armani
you were having a friend for dinner? cough. kind of reminds me of latin americans eating cabrito -those delightful wild goats. beautiful pictures.

armani said...

hi arturo,
heh, thanks. actually i was just nibbling on our friend. it was part of big smorg.

Anonymous said...

armani, I would LOVE to be your adjustment model, and not just so that you could do that naughty parsvotanasana adjust, either!